Dealing with the New Facebook
Great event 3/12/2014 -Thank you all – Summary of discussion as I see it.
Find out more at https://www.facebook.com/groups/smcsf/
- Facebook is still king of social media, still growing
- Small business are going to have to spend money, or be more ingenious to get what they were getting before for free. Free organics are going away.
- Hyper Target or don’t bother doing PPC in Facebook
- Get people off Facebook and on to your page as quickly as possible for several reasons, including someone elses ad showing up on same page.
- Don’t use any of the other types of FB ads, stick with timeline. Promoting your page or using FB ads to get likes is dumb….
- If you spend over $1500 a month, someone at FB will actually talk to you, and help you
- Use Power editor…
- Target customer via FB ID from Groups etc…
- Facebook is only part of marketing plan, many of us have love hate relationship with Facebook.
- Facebook demographics are changing, don’t have all your eggs in one basket.